PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In A Crewroom, Long, Long Ago!
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2009, 08:22
benmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about " Sergeant Major " ?

I'm so old that my QRA days started with B6 Canberras at Coningsby in 1960. Being a 3-man crew we had to have a compatible card game to fill the stand-by hours. It was called "Sergeant Major" and here are the basic rules: The deal rotates between the players; the dealer deals 16 cards to each player and deals 4 in the centre (the box). The dealer adds the box to his dealt hand and discards 4 cards of his choosing to improve the shape of his hand. The dealer then declares trumps and his norm for tricks is 8. The player on the dealer's left has a norm of 5 and the third player a norm of 3. The number of tricks made above or below a norm is that player's + or - score for the deal. The deal passes to the next player but before he uses the box, the pluses and minuses from the previous deal are satisfied by the plus player passing the lowest card of a suit to the minus player in exchange for the highest card he holds in that suit until all the pluses and minuses hav been cancelled out.
Still with me? The game continues until someone reaches an accumulated score of +/- 20.