PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midex Airlines (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2009, 07:45
theXfactor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to echo everything that I Love Midex has said. He only touched on the tip of the iceburg though. Midex has many other problems that run deep and probably can only be cured by a complete change of upper management. Take it from those of us who actually work here.

Lots of pro's & cons i.e long way from the US, but at least paid in $!, can anyone tell me the routes and any extras paid -- per diuem's etc
Assuming your pay is correct and on time, which is a stretch. There are NO routes and no contracts. The entire airline has no become a poorly managed charter airline. Days of sitting around waiting for the call to go to work. Coupled with no rosters and no specified days off as required by the GCAA. The Doc had long touted the coming India routes and so much business thay he was turning it way on a daily basis. In only a way the doc can, he managed to have a signed contract self-destruct and now plays second string to the Russian operators. Go have a look at the Midex website, it is 90% lies. There are very few pros here and overwhelming cons. I can say, I regret leaving another job to come here. Many others, actually most, feel the same way.

this outfit maybe need people for only a short time contract that would all get back in the saddle. any pro's & con's welcome
No such thing as a short term contract here. If you try to leave before your first year is up, they will try to stick you with a bill in excess of $8000USD even if you are still current a qualified on type. Not to mention a few guys they have fired over the past year and did not pay their back wages or buy the airline ticket back to their home country, which is required by UAE law. One individual even had the company go into his local bank account and withdraw all the money that was available after he was terminated. My advice is to stay far, far away form this place.