PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2009, 06:24
MudRat_02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't suppose you have a good idea of what to expect at assessment day? I've done my homework (and read the rest of this extensive thread!) - theres a psych and defence interview, medical .ect, but what I'd really like to know is whether anyone here has done it recently and can give me any fresh insight into the process?

I happen to know someone that used to do the psych part of this assessment and previously the OSB for the RAF at Cranwell, but all he has to tell me is "What they're assessing in your interviews are: 1. If you've bothered to research the job and 2. whether you're good at interviews!" Another bloke has told me it was all very straightfoward with little questions like "whats that plane in the picture on the wall" and whatnot and was all very easy and streamlined. On the other hand, I've heard some disaster stories!

Rest assured, I've been getting to know the trade through talking to the guys who either currently fly for the air force or those who used to, and reading over all the info I could get my hands on over the last few years, but I think that last ounce of confidence gained through knowing what's to come from those who have been there would be invaluable!