PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - you didn't make the cut & needn't apply again
Old 30th Sep 2009, 03:23
Maloo

Quote from AnyGiven Sunday99

Dry your freakin eyes guys....

The industry has been like this since day one. You knew it when you signed up. If you don't like it, go be a bus driver or something else where everyone is nice to you, and you can eat cake whenever you want. Let the rest of us who are passionate about this industry carry on in peace.
Toughen up for christs sake.

So did everybody here know what the industry was like when they signed up for their first lesson? Or even their first medical? I know when I started I had no idea until I was about 18, when I joined a commercial flying school, already having a PPL. You can be passionate about something, but passion doesn't pay the bills or provide a comfortable living. If you aren't interested in making a good living out of this profession, perhaps flying should be a hobby.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read the job ad then looked at the website. There has been a high turnover in that company for the last few years. The aircraft are dodgy and the boss who is the son, is a narcissist who had the company bought for him and has the required qualifications to be the CP/CFI himself but doesn't want to do the testing.

Maloo