PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Charter Brokers - When living without them????
Old 29th Sep 2009, 21:45
asdf1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charter Jarops,

I understand your frustration and I agree that the current market is truly cut-throat. I don't know your local market in detail however I recognise those operators that you refer to.
An operator with a large fleet will see some benefit in running flights at less than cost and the broker need not be the one who pushes prices down.

Now is the time to enter into a strategic partnership with your broker that will outlast the recession. Commit to sharing both the pain in the bad times and the profits in the good times. Plan for the next 5-7 years and have someone with you who will sell your product. All operators fly aircraft from A to B - that is not the product. A broker partner will help sell your individuality, your USP, your difference. That is your product and you need help to sell it to the market. You mention service and your association with the FBO - there must be more. All operators sell their "superior service level".

Finally note that we are not offering our help to you for a very good reason. We don't know your local market well enough and therefore can't add value. A good broker will tell you when they can and can't help. What is clear is that you need help as you are not flying at the moment. Good luck.