PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What altitude will you fly after a missed visual approach?
Old 29th Sep 2009, 18:00
9.G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeppesen 10-1R chart. is readily available in the trip kit any time. No brainier at all. Gents lets read carefully the statements and skip the assumptions if we opt to have sensible discussion, shall we? At no point was I talking bout being in the circuit but after being radar vectored. Not so long ago I recall ILS 26 being inop in LTN. Upon initial contact approach controller called for RV for a visual 26. That was a very real situation. Now picture this you're on RV for a visual 27R in LHR and lost 2 way comm. No doubts one will continue and try to land. What if you missed? That's my initial situation. Why am getting on that? Coz if it was taken for granted that once shooting visual one is expected to join LT 1500 ft visual circuit in case of MA why to bother with all this comm fail procedures? Simply punch in 7600 and if missed join the LT circuit. Am I conveying my point?
LHR however prefers one to join the specific comm fail procedure both VMC or IMC unless blah blah as many others do. Just picture that for a moment aircraft going around in LHR from a visual 27R with 7600 turning left at 1500 ft with 27L being active for departures and all the other traffic lined up behind you. Same story for CDG an so forth. As Heatrhow Director said all depends on the airfield.
One thing is clear nothing is clear. We're in grey area when it comes to visual.
I'm still going with the answer-Confirm with ATC what they want you to do.
you have my vote on this one.
Cheerio.