PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ideal flight
Thread: Ideal flight
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2009, 14:32
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Expectations do vary

GG
If you imagine your bit of the plane as one of the most hi-tech "sitting rooms" on the planet................Please start your imagination, now.

You know an awful lot about your hi-tech sitting room - we poor pax know very little about it. (Other than F3G, of course)................

If it was my hi-tech sitting room I would control extremely carefully who came in to it.

Airlines don't do that - they invite in anyone who will pay!!

So expectations, and knowledge, are very strangely distributed. For some basic things, we know nothing - and you might think us thick for knowing nothing about "your" sitting room. We're not necessarily thick - just short on knowledge.

Our expectations are also all over the place. Some expect everything, some expect nothing, and lots are just in between.

The expectations might be "ours", but they might have been given to us. I used to have a gold card with BA and SQ's equivalent. At about the time of PPF, SQ could be called amateur - but with a brilliant desire to offer great service. BA were professional - but with little or no desire to offer service. At least PPF1 and PPF2 improved that latter point!

Hope this helps with your question!
all the best
AO
PS - how's the new union coming along??