PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2009, 13:36
SASless

Received 517 Likes on 215 Posts
St. Jack,

Paragon-Contect was a geological survey contract using Alouette III's and JetRangers and the odd Schreiner Lama and was based east of Bandar Abbas out towards the area where Afghanistan and Iran join. It was the first full fledged geological survey of that part of the country and was a Bush Camp in the full sense of the word. Tents, Camel Spiders, thatch roofed building for Engineering, all maintenance done in the open....open pit bomb sight toilets complete with Scorpions...Goat, Egg Plant, and beans for dinner....every night. No heat of any kind during the Winter until New Years Eve when we burned up half the Jet Fuel stash in the Fire Water Pit.

Our big entertainment besides Robbie Duff's sense of humor was flying kites, building hot air balloons, and UCKERS! Whence our changing the rocks to spell out "UCKERS YA F@CKERS" around the Wind Sock.

I made lifelong friends in that camp and enjoyed it more than any place I worked in Bristow. The Black Sardine is the fellow I refer to who went to chunking rocks, later he ran Nigeria then moved up to Redhill.