PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oversize passengers - neighbours rights?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2009, 12:36
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi BP I wasn't talking about SEP's originally either mate. I used them as a comparison because I actually could'nt quite believe what you had suggested in your post but maybe I misunderstood you?.

I was still working on the scenario posed by F3G.....the all things equal, no seats etc one and also the lack of comms from my company on our apparent "policy" which as yet is to be entered on the T&C's of carriage never mind communicated formally to the CC

Thankfully in the years I have been flying the times I have actually had to deal with this sensitive issue have been few and have usually been resolved by relocation of available seats, good will, compromise etc.

I have done one offload that I can recall due to this reason and yes it was my "recomendation" to the Captain who went with this. At the risk of being not PC here "Thinny" had been very offensive to "Fatty" on boarding. I couldn't relocate "Thinny" who then had a choice for her approx 50 minute flight to AMS from LGW which apparently was for an "important meeting". She could either sit down and fasten her seatbelt (captains instructions and covered by the ANO's) or carry on kicking off on doors closing. She chose the latter so off she went I'm afraid. that's why I said in my post "don't get offloaded because of your conduct......"

What customer services did to sweep up after this I don't know and niether do I really care! OTP was achieved to the satisfaction of most pax and I suspect all my managers!!

In the all things equal scenario (unlikely but possible) i.e all pax behaving reasonably/cordiallythen it's buck passed to the person with the most gold bars I'm afraid....he/she is paid the most to take any flack for decisions made!!

Sorry if I misunderstood your post boardingpass