PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2009, 11:04
saabsforever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fun at Oram and Nauro

Hey I had the lot in but we only get 15 it seems. But yeah alot can happen in those few seconds. Landed at Oram a classic one way sloping ski jump joint up a gully East of Pom and SE of Dorobisoro somewhere.
The Pitot tube in the Bongo had water in it so past the no return point it became apparant our 70 indicated was really about 110 with a tail wind! Grimly stuck with it sideslipped full flap etc does wonders for the concentration. Landed perfectly at the end of the strip which was normally never used, but doing about 100 or so instead of 70. Straight on the Picks and made four furrows in the clay all the way up. The crowd fled as described and I had a track worked out off to the side to demolish a stick hut well off piste but not a cliff at least. But it got quite steep just before the park bay and to my immense relief the beast came to a halt just in time to park briskly at the top. Had similar fun with a 185 at Nauro in the Jungles that bounced right to the end. Dirt in the brake disks, cracked the cargo pod, bashed the tailcone with the tailwheel spike. But we stuck with it and kept her straight. The old Meri in the back fled out the baggage door and was not even going there, never been seen since.
The following users liked this post: