PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetBird moves closer to air taxi launch
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2009, 07:14
jetstreamrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone deleted my post...guess it wasn't helpful but I think it had some standing in this whole debate. I think the only thing we can do is 'watch this space'! No one can say what the future will hold but I don't think there is anything wrong with looking on the bright side...all this doom and gloom is boring!

JR an JB are two very different companies, I don't see the point in comparing them. One is fractional the other is adhoc charter. The similarities are that they are/were (JR) new companies breaking into the industry at a pretty rough point in the cycle.

If you look at it though, things are looking up and with reference to the recession, I would say JB is in a much better position now than it was this time last year when we were all deep in the nasty stuff!

Investors must be realising this and they must believe in the business plan otherwise they wouldn't be investing. You can say what you like but JB is pressing on and training it's Pilots and there is a good mix of them at that...Maybe a few of them are ex airline but so what, they were the ones that applied first and got the job...it may seem a bit funny for them to carry the pax bags at first but they will get used to it.

There is nothing wrong with expressing 'realistic' views but I think the ones that are, need to stop shooting down anyone with a positive view!

I'm one of the optimistic guys!

My two pennies!

Last edited by jetstreamrider; 29th Sep 2009 at 08:02.