PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - you didn't make the cut & needn't apply again
Old 29th Sep 2009, 04:19
longrass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You really are cynical aren't you, perhaps you should change ur name to oblivious pilot, or turkey pilot. You have no idea do you.

If I get an email in my construction business with resume attached, I'll generally ignore it. If I get a phone call I'll read it and if they come in I'll interview them. If you say that the industry employment process is not fair or open I suggest you open your eyes. I put adds in the paper and get about 50 calls, about 20 of those send resumes and only about 5 will bother to ASK for some of my time to come in and tell me why I should employ them and generally 2 of those will ask for a trial.

If pilots want a job they should email, phone, call in, ask for an interview and ask for a trial, NOT a job. (kiwis should continue what they are doing and leave).

The process is fair, it weeds out the mummas boys and allows for those who truly want a job to get one.

If you can't afford to hit the road then don't winge about it. Borrow money, or get a job labouring for three months a save, then hit the road on greyhound with a tent and then on a push bike if you are still poor.