PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetBird moves closer to air taxi launch
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2009, 04:09
Condor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phil

JB and blink have shown a penchant for treating YOUR jobs as retirement jobs for ex-BA guys.
Well that was supposedly true for JR. No idea about blink. And as for JB - not true - one ex BA type I hear, and that's it. Rest is as broad a brush experience as anyone could ask for. Quite refreshing!

No RYR for me (you mean you're a NJE person!)
As I understand it you're confusing JB with other Claret Capital options/intentions.

What of the future for Claret?

This has involved a return to Slattery’s aircraft leasing roots. He started with Tony Ryan’s GPA before setting up an aircraft leasing company, International Aviation Management Group.

He sold that business to Royal Bank of Scotland for €25 million in 2001 and spent three years with the bank building it into a bigger entity. He hopes to leverage those past relationships for the new business.

Claret is providing debt advisory services for airlines and lessors.

“We have a mandate that we’re working on right now. It’s $200 million, a US private equity firm, to finance aircraft that are delivering in 2010. “That’s keeping a team of about three people occupied.”

Slattery is planning to launch his own aircraft leasing business. “We are about 90 days away from launching our own platform,” he said.

“We’ll probably build a new team of 20 core executives,” he said. “We’ll have a small team in Hong Kong and in the US.”

He said the current weakness in aviation has created a “sweetspot” for the business. He is focusing on 737s and A320s and says there are plenty of airlines in growth mode.

“I can see us getting this launched,” he said.
Taken from Slattery hopes Claret Capital will soar again with return to aircraft sector - The Irish Times - Fri, Aug 28, 2009