PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ideal flight
Thread: Ideal flight
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2009, 00:03
James 1077

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My ideal flight would be:

For the fare shown when I start searching for the flights to be the fare that I pay (I don't care how it is made up - all I want to know is how much it is going to cost me).

Swift and friendly check in process with welcoming smiles and where the seat I have pre-selected hasn't been allocated to someone else.

Quick transit through security with all lanes open if there is a queue.

Somewhere to sit in the lounge before heading for the gate (and not being told to be there hours before the flight unnecessarily).

A boarding process whereby families, disabled and premium passengers are called first then, only when they and the plane's aisles are clear, the plane boards row-by-row.

Friendly welcome by CC as you board the flight.

Assistance by CC as required as you get to your seat (ie offer to help with carry on bags - I won't accept it but it is nice to be asked).

A comfortable and clean seat with pillow, blanket and amenity kit (even if only an eye mask, ear plugs and some socks). And with nobody overflowing into my seat.

Friendly and efficient CC offering a free drink and nuts after take-off and available on the call button throughout the flight as required.

Food that is both edible and identifiable.

CC that clear trays swiftly (why do you wait until after coffee has been served? Surely it would be better to clear the trays and then serve coffee to people who want it).

Few announcements throughout the remainder of the flight.

Disembarkation to be swift and painless with thank yous to and from the CC on the way out.

Passport control queues to be swift with all lanes available.

Bags to arrive within 20 minutes of disembarking.