PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ideal flight
Thread: Ideal flight
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 22:28
WMUOSF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ideal Flight

Hi Glamgirl
My wife and I lived in PNG for 6 years and travell extensively for business and pleasure. We travelled to the US regularly to visit friends and even though we are Aussies, my favourite carrier was United.
Because of the flight distance, Trans Pacific and then across America to Jacksonville I insisted on Business Class.
We used to reserve seats upstairs on an emergency exit to have a good flight. One trip on check in in Brisbane our preassigned seats had been cancelled. Complaining got nowhere, see them in Syd.
Syd were no help, couldn't do anything, so the holiday was not starting well. the seats we were given were the last two in Business cabin next to the galley.
I was not in a good frame of mind boarding, and thenwe were asked by the senior attendant in the cabin if we were the ones that had been messed up. I calmly said yes expecting another lame apology. Instead he said what do you want to drink, he was going to look after us to LA, sit down, if we want another drink, something to eat or magazine, just bang on the side of the galley. In less than five minutes he had relaxed us and made us feel important. The whole flight continued this way, the service was excellent and reinforced our preference for UA.
I have travelled around the world many times, lots of good and bad flights, but this one is memorable because someone cared.
I don't normaly complain because it doesn't work, just choose another airline.
The Cabin Crew make all the difference.