PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ideal flight
Thread: Ideal flight
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 17:42
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to add that not all the points on my list puzzles me, however the one about having to pay to check in does, as it must be stated on the website the passenger bought the ticket from. That doesn't mean I agree that one should have to pay to check in, I think it's appalling.

Passengers wanting clean and tidy facilities isn't puzzling at all, I'm all for cleanliness. What I was trying to explain (badly, I admit) was that people are so different, that one opinion isn't an option. Also, most people don't tend to realise that as food handlers, the crew shouldn't really be cleaning toilets. Also, it would be easier for us all (whether crew or passengers) if people didn't insist on messing up the toilets as soon as possible.

In regards to stowing luggage, I have no problem with stowing a child's or frail person's light bag into the locker. However, we're trained to not lift any heavy bags, as we can damage our backs etc. It's not that we don't want to help, but if you, as a fairly fit and healthy adult can't lift your bag, then I'm afraid that I won't be able to either. If some crew do insist on stowing your bag, that's up to them, but I'm not personally willing to aggravate an old back injury. I'm sorry about that, and it truly isn't because I'm not willing to help.

Gg