PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Southwest
Thread: Air Southwest
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 17:13
stolport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Akrotiri bad boy, I think they were just very unlucky. There were some extra charter flights yesterday and the operation of the service from Newquay may have been due to the operation of the Aer Arran ATR on the service which is unable to land at Plymouth due to weight restrictions. I don't think Plymouth is seen as second best to Newquay it's just that it's limited on the aircraft it can accept but they do tend to try their very best to get people to their destination in good time - they have 2 aircraft on wet lease at the moment which shows commitment to their passengers whilst one of their aircraft is being serviced. I can't comment about the bags. The link with Newquay has worked for many many years going back to the Brymon days and allows these two airports to have a reasonable amount of destinations where seats can be filled by sharing the passenger loads between the two airports. Neither airports could probably sustain all of the current routes with solely direct flights but with the link most flights have good passenger loads. It isn't very easy to get to Newquay from Plymouth even if you do have a car - by public transport it takes a long long time.