PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ideal flight
Thread: Ideal flight
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 16:16
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ideal flight

Having spent some time reading on here and on feedback pages on the net from passengers, it seems to me that people want vastly different things when it comes to flying. Some people complain about the slightest thing, some people are easily impressed. I'm not saying what is right or wrong here, I'm just interested to know what people's expectations are when flying.

The reason for this thread is that I've seen some comments that puzzle me. Here are a few issues people have - written on feedback sites:

* No-one helped us with our hand luggage
* The food was disgusting
* The food was great
* The flight was delayed but we landed on time
* I had to pay to check in
* I had to pay for overweight baggage, it was only 10kg over my allowance
* The cabin was too hot/cold/smelly
* The water wasn't the right temperature
* The toilet was smelly/dirty/too brightly lit/too dark
* We wanted to sit together (family of 8) and they put us in different rows (as in 3/3/2)

This is only a few examples. I'm not moaning here, but what expectations do you have from a flight? I understand, of course, that you want the crew to smile and be nice and you want a clean seat and a prompt service. What I don't understand is when people have expectations of a 3 course meal from the Ritz on a short flight and they want the crew to put their hand luggage away for them. I also don't understand why people complain when there is turbulence and they have to stay seated.

Please do enlighten me, I really am interested to know. Do I just get on with what I normally do (smiling/being polite/doing the best I can) and accept that some people have strange requests/expectations, or what is the best way to understand this?

Gg