PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 15:17
regle

What is a Forum ?

Q. What is a Forum ? Ans. Quote ...Oxford Dictionary...Forum. A place of or meeting for discussion.....etc. Q. What is Discussion ? A. A Conversation on different subjects. and what is needed for any Conversation ? More than two people !!!

Forgive me for blowing my top !! I just wanted to address myself to those of you who are ...may I say it ? Intelligent, reasonable, interested and extremely knowledgeable people of all ages and interests who would make very welcome contributions to this great Forum and either say, "Great, keep it up " but probably more often , say to themselves "Yes, that takes me back to.." and does absolutely Sweet Fanny Adams about it. I stress that I am not addressing this to the numerous splendid originators and commentators on such good subjects and discoveries that have been aired here....Just a polite thought to the hundreds of you who have always wanted to put your thoughts and experiences to others but have been too timid or self deprecating or too uncertain of your own ability (as I was) or just too darn lazy ?
There are people recently, such as GordonPDavis who have started to make outstanding and such interesting contributions and they are to be highly commended and encouraged by showing your interest and that can only be done by telling them and asking questions or offering comments.
There, I've got it off my chest so like Delia Smith at Carrow Rd. after a rather liquid consuming half-time said over T.V. "Let's be 'aving yer!" Regle

Last edited by regle; 28th Sep 2009 at 15:20. Reason: repetition