PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Madonna trying to buy compton abbas!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2002, 20:03
distaff_beancounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just phoned a friend who reads the Sunday Express. So this is just the highlights, that I hope I have got correct.

Apparantly Julian Bream (the guitarist) who also lives near Compton Abbas, is supporting Madonna's proposed purchase. Madonna claims that there is an aerobatic team, similar to the Red Arrows, based at Compton Abbas!

As I am someone who has lived in the country for most of my life, this reminds me of the typical townie who moves to the country & then trys to alter everything, to accord to their fairytale version of "real countryside"

SO, they complain about cockerels crowing, cows mooing, combine harvesters making dust when working, tractors putting mud on the road, bulls doing what bulls like doing with cows (in full view of the kids), even the dawn chorus of wild birds waking them up.

So .... it is presumably a logical conclusion to close down the local airfield. Presumably Compton Abbas it is not suitable for her executive jet, & she won't care about annoying the neighbours with her helicopter going in & out of her country estate.

Madonna has presumably not even considered those people, of limited financial means (compared to her $XX millions) who enjoy a legal & harmless hobby, flying from Compton Abbas.