PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankruptcy - Does it affect employment?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 11:46
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 166 Likes on 64 Posts
I think they can ask you at interview though it would be a little unusual for them to do so. I imagine it would be fairly easy to turn it into a positive point about managing difficult circumstances/handling problems etc.

It has no impact on your ability to hold a license or airside pass.

I don't know about the US but once a bnakruptcy has been discharged by a court then its all over in all other jurisdictions. As evidenced here:

Britain Is 'Bankruptcy Tourism' Hotspot

Basically people with massive debts come from the EU to live in Britain, go bankrupt here, bankruptcy lasts just 2 years (thanks, New Labour) instead of 7 years in lots of other countries. Then return home with their debts washed away and start all over again. As long as British court has ruled under British law then the debts are gone and you're free to return home debt free.

I suspect there will be a great many people who owe similar amounts who will not find adequate employment despite being in various pools in the coming winters. I imagine Bankruptcy Judges will be banging their gavels almost as fast as HSBC were writing out the loans...