PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 09:47
valensi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assessment Days

I'd just like to get my two cent's worth with regards to assessment days tips and advice... I feel it's very easy to stand out for the WRONG reasons. For example: Inappropriate dress, far too much make-up, poor posture, using slang. I was shocked by how many people turned up (this goes for ODs and ADs) in short skirts, open-toed shoes, no jacket, revealing/tight tops, no stockings, loads of jewellery, even sunglasses on their heads. It's one day out of your life and it won't kill you to play it safe and conservative. Follow the dress code to the letter and show you can follow basic instructions. Wear a full suit with a buttoned up jacket, collared shirt and hair up and away from the face and don't pile the slap on like there's no tomorrow. A soft, natural look will get you further than a drag-queen look (something to hide??). And during group exercises, look interested in what other people are saying, try keep a good straight posture and say lots of supportive things like, "good idea" or "just to come back to something (someone's name) said earlier..."

Its not rocket science but I know its a real bug-bear of recruiters when people show up expecting to sail through and haven't made the slightest effort to follow dress-code instructions or try and listen to what others are saying.

That's just my opinion anyway, I know plenty slip thorugh the net but a surefire way of getting into a recruiters good books is to show you're prepared, smart and professional - and that goes a very long way indeed.