PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Southwest
Thread: Air Southwest
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 08:26
Akrotiri bad boy

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Hurry Up And Wait

Don't get me wrong, I like Air Southwest and what it does for the region however yesterdays flight up to Glasgow gave the impression that the airline didn't really feel like operating the service.

A family member was booked on the afternoon flight ex Plymouth to Glasgow due to depart 16:00ish. He received a phone call whilst out in the boat that the flight had been brought forward and he was to check in at 14:00ish. This he did only to find himself languishing at Newquay for over an hour awaiting a change of aircraft. On finally reaching Glasgow he was informed that Air Southwest had lost his luggage. I can understand the odd bag going astray at LHR but an out of season Sunday at Newquay?

Too often now Air Southwest treats Plymouth as second fiddle, all seems to hinge on the London connection with regional flights held over awaiting any late arrival from the capital; all the more frustrating when having to wait at Newquay. Why oh why does everything have to go via Newquay, is Air Southwest afraid that FlyBe will claim Newquay as its own?

I don't want to see Plymouth close but with the constant aircraft changes and subsequent waiting around at Newquay It would be quicker to drive over to St Mawgan or maybe even to the competitors HQ at Exeter.