PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Michael Yon's latest - on British Media Ops 25/09/09
Old 28th Sep 2009, 06:51
Jabba_TG12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'm not going to criticise Yon for what he has written. I think with him being ex-US MIL himself, OPSEC isnt going to be lost on him.

The old saying is that the first casualty of war is the truth, so we shouldnt really be surprised that this is happening.

The timing though and the er... previous history that this administration has for media manipulation is not helpful to their cause though, however righteous they may see it.

And this particular Major... wrong bloke, wrong place, wrong time.We've all seen them at some point, think they're Bertie Big B*ll*ks, but in reality are nothing short of bullies. I can understand Yon getting as frustrated and as confrontational as he did, saying that if you want me out of here that badly, then get the RMP's down to arrest me... not withstanding where they are and what is going on around them, he handled it badly.

Hardly makes him Lucifer though.

And, as Cornish said, I'd take the word of Michael Yon over 'Elicopter Bob anyday....