PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India pilots on strike.
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 06:48
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alt3

No Hard feelings.....in a democracy all are allowed to express thier thoughts freely. Just be glad we live in one!

New CMD has a tough job. Who knows what thats guys brief is from the top. With the number work that is public, I would probably have also taken a knife thru the company. I do beleive they tried sitting down with the Union and talking, but got a kick. Again only hear say. If I were to apply my knowledge of running a business this is only the start and if he has strong support his manadate is probably to break the back of the union, settle and offer VRS make the company lean so that it can be taken public and offloaded from the back of the government as soon as possible. he has a 1$ billion budget for that, lets see if the greedy ones bite. Probably will lean back on the management pilots then to fly.

In its current state it would probably bomb at the stock market and no investor would like to touch it.

As for something working in India. Please rememebr Indians are not that far sighted and horible planners. Our execution therefore is mediocore and most of us cannot stand together in a cohesive team. Chalta hai is a part of life here. All it takes is one person to think clearly and rationally, get his team to stand by and he has the ability to change for the better.

Remember divide and rule? Worked great for the Brits and see the outcome 70 years later?