PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-727 rate of descent
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 06:47
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to fly the lead sleads, you know the ones I'm talking about.., the ones with the -9s on em. Sometimes, during the summer, I thought I set a land speed records departing on El Paso's RW 22. Damn... I could have sworn I used 15,000' of the 12,020' runway available to get the jet off the ground. By the way, I'd ask the F/O, did you get the serial number of that runway end identifier light? Phewwww off the ground but wait there's the emergency turn procedure we had to do to the left to avoid the rocks and Ciudad Juarez. The spectacular 700fpm ROC decresaed to about 400fpm to 500fpm until the turn was finished. Flaps up get 250kts over the wing, sit back and relax as by the miracle of the sky gods another successful liftoff was accomplished from KELP. Damn... shouldn't have had those Wat-A-Burgers.

I think my all time favorite airport for the good old 72 was Tegucigalpa... no... La Romana (the old one which went through a gold course) in the Dominican Republic... no... Dominica... no... some of the GA airports.... no... oh forget it... way too many favorite airports.