PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India pilots on strike.
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2009, 14:15
alouette3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wannabe,

For the first time, I see your point of view. I wish you had been this clear earlier.I just thought you were pure managementtrying union-busting. I apologize for my earlier comments. I have misjudged you. Just to clarify, I am still pro union. However, I do believe management, when dealing with union contracts in good days must include so called hardship clauses. Verifiable financial troubles (not just because CMD says so but verified by accountants on both sides) pay and bonus cuts/freeze first for the management,followed by the worker bees. Systematic pay freezes and lay offs/furloughs when times are tough with sytematic recalls with improving times. All this has been done before and has worked. No reason why it can't work in India.
As for AI,I am not a fan of that airline. They deserve to go under.All my concern is for the hundreds of pilots who will be laid off if that happens.
As for the "management " pilots. They threw in their lot with the management and need to pay their dues now.Fire the lot of them I say.Can't be in two boats at the same time and hope to survive.
Again, apologies for a harsh post. I am glad pprune allows us to debate and discuss in a civil fashion.
Alt3