PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172 crash at Humberside yesterday afternoon
Old 27th Sep 2009, 13:49
liam548

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote from an online news report,

"
I took my 2 and a half year old son to view the aircraft coming and going from Humberside Airport as we do on a regular basis, we were stood behind the boundry fence off runway 26. We seen the aircraft approach the runway over Croxton Road close behind a helicopter returning from the rigs. Everything appeared normal but at the last minute the aircaraft veered right of the runway and the pilot appeared to be putting the power back on and when the aircraft got to about 30 feet off the ground it roled to the right and nose dived straight into the ground and finishing on its roof. To my amazment the pilot immerged from the wreckage 3 or 4 minutes after he hit the ground and he appeared to be unhurt. The frustrating part was that I was approximatley 300 yards from the piolot but I had no idea if air traffic control or the emergency services were aware of the accident. Just as I was about to call 999 a small helicopter arrived at the scene of the accident and soon after that the airports fire crew were on there way. As far as my son is concerned it was just another day at the airport.
Steven Flaherty, Brigg "