PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buccaneer Vangelis film
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2009, 08:13
foldingwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Buccaneer DVD Available

In my capacity as a committee member of the Buccaneer Aircrew Association (BAA), I have in my possession about 25 copies (from an original stock of 600) of a double DVD Box Set of Buccaneer movies, which includes the above mentioned film in its entirety. These DVDs were professionally produced last year as a private project to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the First Flight of the Buccaneer on 30 April 1958 and come with professionally prepared artwork in a double DVD case. I have been given approval by the BAA committee to make these available on a ‘first-come first-served basis’ to anybody on this forum who would like one as long as they are prepared to cover P&P/admin costs plus a small donation that the BAA Treasurer will forward to Help for Heroes.

DVD 1 consists of amateur movie clips compiled from converted Super 8mm film taken from the cockpit onboard HMS Hermes and HMS Ark Royal, and on Exercise RED FLAG/MAPLE FLAG by Buccaneer aircrew. There is also footage shot by the aircrew of 24 (SAAF) Squadron members as well as Buccaneer Strike Sight and Pavespike camera footage from Op GRANBY.

DVD 2 consists of 5 documentaries/films about the Buccaneer and the crews who flew it.

If you are interested in possessing one of these box sets then please PM me and I will provide all the necessary details to allow you to secure this limited edition souvenir of the Last (and Best) British Bomber.

On the assumption that you eventually pay the required costs of P&P etc, I will adopt a strict queuing system by receipt of your PM to ensure fair play for all.

Foldie