PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India pilots on strike.
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2009, 06:07
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Management or ass

Alt3

Just an SLF who is struggling to ensure survivial in business and is scratching his head to see how these big babies are crying away with a pay cut. I have unfortunately had the displeasure of being laid off in the past and this time around having to do the hard task of telling someone to go home as we have no business left. (part of the my business deals with airlines!!!!). Trust me both sides are not pleasent to be on.

Management of AI are big asses not small ones. But so are the politicians in this country who run these airlines. I am not condoning the actions but actually am a strong proponent that this embarressment of an air line should be left to falter and go (30,000 jobs will go with that one). However all 30,000 are part and parcel of the problem and not a select few. It is after all a government job and people joined it much like the rush to join other government jobs because of perks, security, $$$$ and other such things. A strong message needs to be conveyed by tax payers that they do not want their money being pumped into a black hole.

I am also trying to draw a resemblence with Jet strike not so long ago.

The fundamental difference is that with Jet I have a choice to buy their stock or not and my hard work is not subsidizing them. With AI I have no choice as my tax money is going down this hole and then to see that people are demanding 4 lakhs as salary while in the same token I am laying of people earning 10,000 a month who are servicing the same industry.

I am sure the pilots also tucked away some of the good money they made over the past few years. It is only prudent financial sense. I think it is easier to tuck away at 4 lakhs a month than at 4000!

Live frugally in the future you say, well in my opinion be realistic and deal with the ups and downs of life and the facts of life. This slowdown is not endemic to pilots only. Millions are struggling and are making cutbacks. There are so many silent stories.

Unions overall and this is only my opinion take a very one sided approach and especially in a a country like India are led by people with vested interests. Management when run by politicians as in NACIL case is the same wolf in sheeps clothing.

Alt3 don't worry if your CRm is good and I can learn something from you I would never hesitate flying in the same aircraft as you. Such is life.