PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 OBM's
Thread: A380 OBM's
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2009, 02:36
RedTBar
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I go along with Bla_Bla and Lobey and say this is a kick in the face for the QCCA crew and their aspirations.It is also a backhanded compliment to the QAL crew.Even with the added expense which Darth would not agree to the airline has now said it wants the more expensive crew for the job.

This could be because they have problems with what they see as the right candidates within QCCA or it might be because they don't want to spend the money on upgrade courses for existing QCCA crew.With the extra expense of QAL crew I would think that an upgrade course would be cheaper anyway.

Either way I don't think Darth would have gone along with this.

You might get some crew who commute to Melbourne for the job and who live in Sydney but it's a close call with the downgrade in working conditions.If it was so attractive to work on for QAL crew then they would have enough already.For the record this shows how much twiggs was wrong about the destinations being more important than the money.

You might make some more money but you don't have any say in your roster and you have the extra hours and flying to the same spot everytime would be like working in the same office every day,day after day fater day.

Lobey is also right to about who they will pick for the job.That'll make for some fun reading.