PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Cadets
Thread: CTC Cadets
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2009, 22:10
Wing_Bound_Vortex

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Jamer, congrats on the CPL skills test, keep up the hard work. Believe me many people on here know exactly what it's like and are a lot further through the system that you, to the point of being in the hold pool or flying with the airlines. So please be careful about the statements you make like "you will get a job". Define job exactly? Temporary or permanent contract? Who knows.

Who knows who will be recruiting any time soon. How do you afford to pay off your bond when you aren't earning enough on your temp contract to do that and live? It's the harsh reality of the situation that all you guys are in. Don't be too suckered in by the spin, yes CTC are a good training provider, I loved my time in NZ and the UK, they train you well, but the days of them sorting you out that dream job once you finish the aqc are long gone. They talk the talk....but....

The hold pool is large and growing, airlines are retrenching and making people redundant. As stated by others guys from the cp40's haven't even got jobs yet, what CP might you be? You need to plan your finances for the long wait after training, and at some point (and it comes around very quickly) the bank comes calling for their money back. Repayments of about £1300 a month sound familiar?
It isn't a good time to be starting training now, that's many peoples honest opinion, and the only reason people tell it on here is to stop new guys and girls making a very expensive and life changing mistake, when they don't have to! So people aren't putting a downer on CTC, they're just telling you the reality without the sugar coating, we've been there before you.

Sleggy, if you've got the money situation covered pre and post CTC then that's fine and it's up to you to decide if it's a good time to start training. You're parents will be in for a long wait for you to pay them the money back though, as long as you're happy with that. If you haven't got it sorted, then stop and think how you're going to afford £1300 a month repayments in a non flying job, plus your living costs on top of that. Make sure you're protected.

Regards WBV