PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Cadets
Thread: CTC Cadets
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2009, 19:51
Zippy Monster

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I should hope the course delivery is good, considering a) the cost and b) the time they have had to rectify the niggles that past courses have consistently had. That should be a given, not an achievement. I haven't seen any posts on here that would suggest that the Wings course is bad, or have been 'putting a downer on CTC'. The company is undoubtedly professional, proud of its image and the Wings Cadet course is very good. I think the problem stems from two areas: one, the fact that people are still mortgaging their parents' houses to train for a job where, currently, the prospects for getting a job within a reasonable timeframe are doubtful at best; and two, the PR department at CTC which, if the consistently strong course numbers suggest, convinces starry-eyed wannabes otherwise.

People will tell you that CTC's partner airlines are not recruiting but no-one says anything about not chatting to other companies plus there was a major international airline in the training centre the other day. Not sure if I should say who but think A380.
Truly the words of a man (or woman) suckered by the aforementioned PR machine. Enjoy NZ, Jamer, but be prepared for a lot of stress and frustration when you return and realise the numbers on those forms you signed actually have some meaning.