PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2009, 17:02
Pat42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 1 marking

Regarding the marking of stage 1:

Firstly, NATS don't publicise the pass marks or any other info on how they mark the tests, so no-one really knows apart from the HR bods...

That said, based upon a little speculation and various reported comments from HR my understanding is:

1. Each paper has a pass mark - no idea what this is, but I get the impression it is unique for each paper, so it is not just a matter of it being 75% percent for all papers (for example I believe it is actually very low for the cube paper)
2. For some of the papers you are also expected to get a certain way through in the permitted time - it may be that you are able to get the pass mark but still fail the test, for example if you are expected to answer 75% of the questions but the pass mark is only 50% then if you answered 60% of the questions and got them all right you would still fail the test because you hadn't worked fast enough (this is based upon a comment someone reported being made by someone in HR somewhere miles back in the thread).
3. You have to pass ALL the tests, if you fail one you've failed, you can't make up for it by doing super well in all the other tests

Last edited by Pat42; 27th Sep 2009 at 14:11. Reason: grammar