PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SA Airlink J41 crash
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2009, 12:49
unablereqnavperf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suitcaseman,

it is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove the element of doubt!

I have never and will never be a union man as far as T+c's are concerned however as many have said in the situation this crew now find themselves they need all the help and support they can get. This would not be the time to drag up old failed industrial arguments!

There are two possible senarios here, one something went wrong that made the aircraft unflyable in which case the crew done a great job saving their lives and the lives of others on the ground or, two the crew screwed up the engine out drill and the aircraft fell out of the sky.( however they still managed to ease the scale of the disaster).

If senario one is proven the crew have nothing to worry about but some support from other proffesionals on their side will still be welcome. However if senario two is proven then the crew will need a lot of help indeed and if I were in this situation I would certainly welcome support from fellow proffesionals regardless.

No pilot ever comes out of incidents like this unscathed and even if they are proved blamless( I for one certainly hope this is the case ) they will still need help to rebuild themselves and their careers if thery are to ever fly again!

This is not a time to selfishly air your own dirty laundry but a time for reflection and to thank our lucky stars that we are not the one laying in hospital beds feeling the pain and mental anguish that these fellow aviators are going through.

I wish them a speedy recovery and sincerely hope that the investigation results go their way.