PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Michael Yon's latest - on British Media Ops 25/09/09
Old 26th Sep 2009, 10:42
Anotherpost75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm. I can see why Michael Yon has become so agitated. I particularly like the part in the above Defence of the Realm link which says:

That a military officer (REMF major) would share a foul word about a combat soldier who was prepping for battle was offensive. Especially an officer who lives in an air-conditioned tent with a refrigerator stocked with chilled soft drinks. Just outside his tent are nice hot and cold showers. Five minutes away is a little Pizza Hut trailer, a coffee shop, stores, and a cookhouse.

This very Major had earned a foul reputation among his own kind for spending too much time on his Facebook page. I personally saw him being gratuitously rude to correspondents. Some correspondents - all were British - complained to me that when they wanted to interview senior British officers, they were told by this Major to submit written questions. The Major said they would receive videotaped answers that they could edit as if they were talking with the interviewee.