PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Charter Brokers - When living without them????
Old 26th Sep 2009, 07:32
Charter JAROPS 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charter Brokers - When living without them????

Hi all,

I am so frustrated my Biz is in Central EU is down by 50 % YTD vs 2008. My times seem so be over and I donīt see me in the favour earning enough money to survive.

I have two brandnew CJ3 adapted to my local market needs. But since Feb the brokers entered my market and ruined my local business. I do not really know what they did - now more CJs entered my market (partly based their ac here) and the broker is now the middleman between me and my fomer client and there are a lot of ac from larger operators (one big Cessna operator from Vienna) stating a the subsitutes and dumping prices. I discussed this issue several times with broker and the new operator but he , the broker still earns nearly 20% courtage....I now only generate cash to survive but the market is destroyed.

I really do not know how this works, as many AC have to be positioned here...the end customer I guess gets a good price because the larger operator and the broker have a contract with eachother.

I know that I have a much better service good connections to my FBO but and stating a fair price..........

How to get away from the broker and out of this situation...... PLS HELP ...............
I need and want my former customers back .......