PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naples Air Center & Ormond Beach Aviation
Old 25th Sep 2009, 18:33
ale_mcdowel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just finished my ATPL ground school and i completed and passed the 14 exams in 7 months. I did it in NAC @ Naples. To be honest, i didn't like the school at all. They cant get enough of themselves saying they are the best. They are not at all. Their technique is the intimidation to the students. If you don't get good results, you wont get a job. You get out of line in class, we wont write you a letter of recommendation for your job interview....and a long ETC without mentioning that majority of the teachers aren't good at all. Why do i say this? I've been flying in several airlines in the USA and i didn't walk with PPL experience in that class room with no experience at all, not beliving all the lies that they tell you about the every day operations in the airline which only ONE teacher has flown for them. WAS BRUTAL! And another thing....their a/c rental is expensive and they fluctuate the prices very often with the increase of the oil. Once you have deposited money in you account, you cannot take it out. Great deal for them, but not for you in case you finish your trainig early.
I have to say, i finished my ATPL ground school as planned, loads of hard work and no messing around. Could i have done it only with bristol?maybe, maybe not. I've got the work done there, but i don't recommend it after all i have seen my colleagues go trhough in that school. Not to mention the commercial conversion.....they only have one airplane to do it, one guy to train for a whole class of 20 people. Wait list = over a month to start ground school and an average of 3 to 4 months to finish it... GOOD LUCK!