PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Shame
Thread: Qantas Shame
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2009, 14:10
Shlonghaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the dog house El Perro

Oh dear!...we have a foolish philosopher in our midst!
Hit the nail on the head there Obie!

So El Perro why did I not choose to leave Qantas whilst Darth was ruining it? Why should I do so after more than thirty years working with great people at a great airline just because one sociopath comes along with his cronies who’s apparently only concern is to make as much money for themselves in the best tradition of Wall Streets Gordon Gekko? You see I’ve been around long enough to know that the busiest person at Qantas is the sign writer changing the names of the managers on their office door ………..they come and they go and I’m still here. All Qantas employees, of every department, can thank our lucky stars that the Dixon-Jackson endorsed takeover attempt of 2007 didn’t go through or Qantas, an airline begun in 1920, an Australian company, most likely would no longer exist. We’re a better company, a better airline now that the cancer has been removed from it.

In any case it’s my business who I work for, or whether I decide to leave, or apply to work for another company, and in this you can mind your own business.

You’re apparently quite young as you have no understanding of how thing’s were like working for a company before the CEOs main concern was for their own bottom line. You need to read up on Enron, Bernard Madoff, Tyco’s Dennis Kozlowski, WorldComs Bernard Ebbers, Christopher Skase, One Tel & HIH Insurance for starters, ohh and another little thing known as the GFC.

If you are a shareholder and don't like this then you have a mechanism in place already to take up this issue.
Don’t make me laugh the average shareholder has very little say in CEOs remuneration. The one’s that have the most clout are at the top end of town rubbing shoulders with those same CEOs, or as I’ve said before they’re like dogs sniffing each other’s bums. They look after their own very nicely even when that CEO and their management team have done a poor job, yet they still leave with millions of dollars of shareholder monies.

According to Wikipedia “El perro is a neo-realist fable about a man and a dog” I believe it’s time for you to head back to your own prescribed location El Perro…..the dog house, better still let your hero Darth take you out for a long walk on Balmoral Beach and feed you some doggie treats……….he can afford it.