PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to charge for seat selection
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2009, 12:46
BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES

Location: the OFCR......and probably somewhere over China zzzzzzzz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but they seem to have lots of delays on the Boston route (not unusual to be well over an hour late!!).
The whole eastern seaboard is the same! Well more so the north east. Pushed back from JFK on time but waiting in a queue that ran down on taxiway, up a runway, and down another taxiway to the holding point of the runway in use. Totall delay.....1 hr 30! But then summer afternoons and evenings always seem to be the same in this part of the world.

As for knee jerk, WW is testing the water bit by bit before bringing in more LOCO practices. As I said earlier, buy on board is only round the corner! Aer Lingus and Iberia, both Oneworld members went that way a while ago!

BA used to stand for service and was something Britain could be proud of. Something that was a treat when you travelled with them. Now?? Well just queue up, suffer a cabin crew strike, and be given no food......that you paid for in you fare! Be delayed when flying from LGW, because they are trying to compete with Easy and can't keep up! and be shafted by Aviance when flying on domestic, because they are underpaid and trained and have 'nt got a clue what they are doing. I once witnessed a captain, tear up the 3rd loadsheet she was given by the young dispatcher at MAN, and did a manual one herself. It always seems to be the same these days. Knackered APU's and groundstaff that can't hook an aircraft up to Ground power even if it was their only function in life.

It boils down to this.......BA pay less and get less service as a result. The Passengers get delayed, annoyed and go elsewhere if there is a competitor on the route. Have fares gone down?? No, up infact in the last few years. LHR to JFK in the sale was £199 in 05. This year it was i believe £299. I can't quite remember but significantly upward. But since then, customer service levels have been chipped away at slowly.
BA's CC are the real reason I fly them on my hols. They seem to be the only ones left who know what service means!

I do hope BA survive and sort their act out!