PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 Crew get BA safety Medal
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2009, 12:02
Mmmayday38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote from Mick Stability:
"Unfortunately, this is being spun by some of the gainsayers at Cranebank that Capt Burkill was dismised by BA for incompetence"

Thanks for letting me know this one!!
I never thought I'd read or hear people thinking that! I would rather know the negative stuff being spouted than stumble across it at a later date.

I'm seething over the fact that anyone in BA would think this; maybe it goes to show that some people speculate wrongly because they cannot understand why I decided to leave the LHS of a big airline.

Yes the truth will come out, but these sort of words hurt and stay hurt because I will always know that not everyone gets to hear the truth and even if they do hear it they choose not to understand and stand by the rumours they heard months/years before because those are more entrenched in their minds, so must be true!

I am trying to stay loyal to BA, they gave me a good career and I am not in a position in which I want to slag them off. I don't want to get into a slanging match of who/whats and whys but it is these sort of hurtful comments that contribute to the decision making process when a person questions where they should spend the next 15yrs of their career.

When 'The Sun' found out that I was leaving BA, both BA and I confirmed I was taking VR. Why would they say this if they had dismissed me?