PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oversize passengers - neighbours rights?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2009, 09:25
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
James 1077 well I have learnt something today and F3G you are so right. I would have needed a crystal ball to be aware of this "policy"

Unfortunately so would most pax unless they thought to ask the question which this one obviously did as it was on the FAQ link. Unless I have missed this when looking it is not on the terms and conditions of carriage either but hardly anybody reads these anyway. All I have ever been told in training is that obese pax have the "option" to purchase an extra seat if they feel they cannot fit into the one provided.

easyjet are very clear on these pax sitting at the emergency exit rows but that is all. Not all airlines are so emphatic re this as I witnessed for myself the other day despite what is quoted in this link.

EZY are obviously putting the onus on the pax to flag up if they are obese so EZY don't have to tell them they are. As most pax don't the first EZY will probably know about at is at the gate especially if pax has checked in on line. The gate agent I can assure you will happlily leave this one to the CC to handle.

Can I just give those of average preportions a hint on here? Read easyjet's T&C's on denied boarding and what you can expect from them if you are denied your allocated "space" which I would assume is your designated seat width.....just a thourght because I bet most airlines have the same buried deep in the small print nobody ever reads I wonder if anyone has ever put this to the test? All I would say is don't get offloaded because of your conduct in this situation however frustrated you may feel.

Boardingpass..... SCCM looks at Captain who looks back and both draw a blank !! Thank heavens I have never had this situation.....ever. I do try my best to deal with situations in the cabin within the limited resources we have as CC but sometimes you need to pass upwards to the Commander of that flight who will make a decision. As an SCCM I am not too proud to admit I have run out of options or even at times I don't know what to do next....none of us are so senior we cannot learn on a daily basis.

Captains who are in command make decisions......it's what they are trained and experienced to do. I have yet to meet one who can't thankfully. Can you imagine at 37,000 feet with a fire on board and blank stares between the Captain and FO on what to do.....Oh I know I'll ask ATC. I can't get a signal on the cell phone to operation's

Last edited by lowcostdolly; 25th Sep 2009 at 10:44.