PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2009, 07:22
Dilmah G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony360: Ah, I see, thanks. Well in regards to Flight Experience, I'm taking a seventh subject, Aviation Studies, for one hour a week in Years 11/12. At the moment I'm taking only the theory component, but I have the opportunity to undergo an accompanying Practical Component, which of course, involves flying. At the moment, I'm debating whether to take the Practical Component, though I've heard that pilots with extensive previous experience find it hard to adjust and have "Bad Habits" in regards to military flying and so on. Georgo: Thanks for that advice, I'm in the process of learning where the RAAF's Squadrons are base/Which aircraft they operate etc.. I'm in two minds whether to pursue flying lessons, would it be *that* much of a plus in the eyes of the OSB, assuming I got that far? The other issuing which is bugging me is my eyesight, I've heard about laser-surgery being accepted, and I think I may have read a bit on it on this thread, but at the moment I'm -3.5 in both eyes. I'm not completely sure how that'll affect me...