PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do you switch to managed vertical modes in A320 A/P?
Old 25th Sep 2009, 07:21
flame_bringer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you switch to managed vertical modes in A320 A/P?

the question might seem vague and silly but i'll try to clear it.
so in the lateral modes you push the ( HDG/TRK ) knob to choose NAV mode which if chosen guids the aircraft along the flight plane and hence we switch from selected ( when the knob is pulled ) to managed lateral modes and the track and heading screen on the FCU shows dashs .
however .. i dont get it how do you switch to managed vertical modes ( which guide the airplane along the vertical profile automatically )and all the other managed modes such eg RWY,RWY TRK...etc .
all i know that there is a knob on the FCU called ALT knob which if pulled engages open climb or open descend and if pushed engages climb or descend mode and they're all selected modes .
and the FPA,V/S knob which if pushed would level off the aircraft immedietly and when turned and pulled would choose a certain V/S or FPA.( depending on the selection of the FPA,TRK,HDG,V/S push button )
there isnt really a managed vertical control ( automatic control along the vertical profile ) for the aircraft considering this they're all selected :S
so how do you engage the managed vertical modes ?
thanks in advance