PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midex Airlines (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2009, 06:28
I Love Midex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fr8:

Lots of other jobs available? Have you been in a coma for some time or something? I have a few thousand hours in different models of the 747. Get me a job at Atlas. After all, there are lots of jobs available! It is completely disingenuous to just tell someone to "get another job." Virtually no one would be at Midex, save for those in "sunsetting" jobs like PFE, if there were jobs anywhere else. Most people who are working here are either unable to leave because of their age or crew position, or are biding their time until there actually are other jobs available. A pilot could always go to work a contract job in, say China. IF that pilot has a type rating in a plane like a 777, or an A330/340, AND at least 500PIC hours in that plane (or more). AND wants to move to the country in which the contract is offered. Anyone who is flying as a Captain in one of those planes and meets the qualifications is likely in the top 50% of seniority (or higher) in their present job, and is in no danger or being furloughed or etc. Why would they leave to fly a contract? That leaves pilots like those at Midex, who are current in one or another old airplane, not operated anymore by modern companies or pax airlines. Perhaps I should buy my own A340 type rating, and then pay for 500 hours in the plane?

The sad thing is that several people here, myself included, would stay for the length of the contract if the company would only live up to the terms it offered in the first place instead of changing them to suit their mood on any particular day. This company is a start-up, and all start-ups have teething problems and growing pains. Unfortunately the company takes the usual Mid-East attitude about workers (that they are slaves to be taken advantage of) and figures they can do whatever they want, contract be damned. As soon as there are any decent jobs available, Midex will find their flight crew ranks vacant. Several have already left, some of whom didn't even have a new job waiting. They were simply sick of the treatment and lies from the company, and the time away from their families was unbearable.

Also, if your friend denied that we are not paid when we are on our leave, he is flatly lying. Ask any pilot here whose pay has been withheld while on leave, including me. Including several who were in Brussels at the sim on payday (on COMPANY time) and STILL were not paid until they returned to the UAE.