PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 23:12
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting reamarks, EISNN. It is high time the industry average lark was taken out of an issue like using Cork's sole airbridge. To get the airlines familiar again with the use of the airbridge the CAA ought to to decree (for the want of a better expression) that any airliners bar, I guess the RE ATRs, that park at the airbridge stand must use the airbridge. Neither EI or FR could complain as both companies are more than happy to use 'em at outstations - whether FR are charged for the privilege or not in MAD and PMI I dont know but I somehow doubt it.

In what I presume was the Dublin thread Akerosid said that Manchester and Dublin were competing for some extra Ethiad rotations from Abu Dhabi. There is no reason why Cork could not get in on the act here in my opinion except for Cork being a part of the accursed DAA empire. The last thing the selfish curs in Dublin would want is for anywhere else in Ireland like Cork to have a sniff of a chance with something like the possibility of extra Ethiad rotations being on offer. It is a damn shame that the Ethiad which sought a diversion to Cork during last winter was refused the request. Does anyone know if this was at the bidding of the airport authority or the handler?

Qatar have recently announced a new Doha Cyprus service. Here again, I think Cork could make a bid. Maybe on two days a week Qatar could send the aeroplane to Cork and again stop off at Cyprus on the eastbound service to Doha and futher connections into Asia & Australasia? Worth a go at least in the summer time & have fifth freedom to Cyprus?