PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankruptcy - Does it affect employment?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 22:04
HN1708

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fortunately i have given up on becoming an MP or a member of a school board and you can actually run a business although can't be an MD for the period you are actually bankrupt (12 months). If you are bankrupt you are very unlikely to be able to obtain any credit never mind be allowed to!

When i phoned and wrote to the banks to tell them i was unable to make any further repayments they informed me that it would affect my ability to obtain further credit. I replied that as i was unable to afford or obtain any further credit then i had nothing to lose! They of course went on to warn me that i could lose my home (don't have one of those) or anything worth a lot of money (already eBayed into bank repayments) so there was no deterrent to stop paying them and certainly no incentive to keep doing so!

My response to being examined in court (already run this past a QC) is to pull out a brochure for a FTO with pictures of handsome men wearing gold bars and say it was implied i would be a flying a jet around making big bucks and it hasn't happened for me despite getting first time passes in minimum hours in all of my training!

Amazing that the government spend lots of time and money telling us not to drive too fast or smoke and drink and very little about borrowing money we can't afford to repay!

Last edited by HN1708; 24th Sep 2009 at 22:21.