PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midex Airlines (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 20:21
Fr8Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of other jobs available

I Love Midex
Did good ol' AF1 mention that:

--...we travel both directions as part of our "OFF" days?

Yes he did, we do at Atlas as well, and at Evergreen and Kalitta I am told also.

--...the tickets they get us to the US from Dubai are typically on Delta, which leaves at 10:30-11:00 at night, meaning that we have burned nearly one entire "OFF" day just waiting to leave the country? Meaning that we actually get more like 2-1/2 weeks truly "OFF," not 3 weeks?

Better than no job at all isn't it? I am sure they would have no problem with you up-grading your ticket at your expense to a more convenient time.

--...the company randomly changes the pay/per diem/contract conditions to suit their whim?

He did not mention this and if it is the case it sucks!

--...most of the pilots here signed a three year CONTRACT before joining which stated a 5 weeks working/3 weeks off schedule (barely tolerable to families in the first place), but which the president of the company unilaterally changed to the present 10 weeks schedule...with the admonition of "if you don't like it, leave?"

See my title to this post

--...the company WITHHOLDS pilot pay when they are on their leave or otherwise out of the UAE, even when the pay is legally due per the contract? Even though the pilots are being paid for the PREVIOUS month (i.e. work they have already done), and not being paid for the month that is to come? And that the only way to have the pay "released to the bank" when the pilot returns is to literally "show his face" at the office to the schedulers to PROVE he is back in the country?

I questioned him about this because of the posts here and he denied it.

--...no attention is paid to legal rest requirements, causing continual fatigue and probable violation of regulations?

Again this sucks, what can I say.

--...several of the so-called "dispatchers," schedulers, and other office staff were hired, in large part, because they were friends of one of the higher-up Indian managers and have no experience whatsoever in their respective jobs, causing great stress and extra workload for the flight crews?

Has always been this way for the non majors unfortunately

da_frog

to fr8Dog
r u storpikk hidden by a different nik?
if not u should take a break too!

I have no idea who Storpikk is other than having read his posts here. As you can see by my profile, I did not just join yesterday. As I am sure you all have heard many times before, If you don't like it here, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.