PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett gone .......but ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 19:21
airsupport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airsupport,

ANZ's involvement with AN took away ANY chance of recovery from it's situation. It was "one of the world's great airlines" and was undergoing massive changes to get it back on track (under Eddington). ANZ exercising their right to buy, as outlined in Richard K's post, to beat their own chests was diabolical for AN - ANZ could not afford to refleet AN, which was desperately needed, and ANZ could barely manage their own operations, let alone a high frequency domestic operation and a classy international operation. ANZ got a hell of a lot more from AN than AN was ever going to get from ANZ. Sat up the front of an ANZ international flight? Very similar product to the award winning AN product - enough to make you cry really.

Cheers
Prado.
As I have said several times, I have NO direct personal (intimate) knowledge of what happened to Ansett AFTER 1990, except for the story I posted about the Administrator in 1992, that is why I am reluctant to say too much about what happened after 1990, although I understand from various sources that it was Air NZ that drove the final nail into Ansett's coffin.

I do however have direct personal (intimate) knowledge of Ansett, and fond memories of it too, from 1963 until 1990, and I do KNOW that the long slow painful death of Ansett started back in 1979.