PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 15:42
kitkat86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd just like to say first of all thanks to a lot of the posters on this forum- I have found your advice such a help.
I was meant to sit my stage one on 30/9 but have decided to put it back until 30/10 as I wanted to make sure my rusty maths was tip top!
First of all I have practised my long division and multiplication. Amazing how rusty I was at first, however practise does make perfect (or better at least) and hopefully I will be able to answer a few more questions due to the times saved.
I took a long hard look at my times tables and spent some time every day practising s/d/t questions (raf selection type s/d/t into google.)
I made a net of a cube to practise spatial awareness... Not to use during the practise tests... but to have a feel of and look at! It helps you get to grip with it.
Also, I have been in a very lucky position to sit in the flight deck numerous times as Im currently cabin crew. It has helped me to understand the motivation paper and I have been able to clarify anything im unsure of. The other day I was fortunate to be sat in the flight deck during a go around... very interesting!! But im a bit nerdy like that!

ABC of ATC is defo helpful, and also SHL have their own psychometric testing book... look on amazon.

Compared to a month ago I feel more prepared and quite excited for my interview, I have my fingers and toes crossed that I will actually pass!

Hopefully I have not sent you all to sleep with such a long post. Good luck to all!